Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Today is Backpacking Day!

Happy birthday Val!

So my post from last night it still trying to publish. it may or may not just show up at some point. I'm hoping it shows up when I publish this one.

In case it doesn't post, yesterday's post was pretty much me complaining about being by a lake, camping in the mud, and not being allowed to use charcoal grills. But New Mexico did redeem itself a little by providing free showers. And the mud was pretty cool looking. So at least I'm clean! I just have two inches of mud on my shoes.

Today is backpacking day! We are staying at the Petrified Forest and in order to camp there you have to hike at least a mile into the park before you can set up camp. And that's just what we are doing. The permits to do that are free, we just have to get to the park by 630. Shouldn't be a problem since we are already on the road. Backpacking means we get to eat peanut butter sandwiches for dinner since neither of us want to carry the grill. But the grill did save our butt last night.

And, we are finally going to a park that I have been to and Kevin has not. I didn't think it was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment